Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Long time no updates...

I am back from rehab for a while now and I did not post anything here because I did not feel like programming for a while.

But I am back on Valgards Fate since some weeks now and I must admit that there are big problems with the new Zune firmware 3.0 and XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta update.

All my games just needed 2 line in the project files to be changed to run again. But not Valgards Fate. Somehow the new GS version restricted memory acces a bit more which is why Valgards Fate did not run on the Zune immediately.

I've been trying for some time to get around the problem and I think I am successful now. I needed to redo some parts and add some more parts to my level editor (which is now a tile editor, too) to get around the memory limitations.

Well, this was a lot of work without any visual effect to the game. After I found a solution for the problem I started to redo the user interface which looks like this now:



Hope you like it.

I am currently working on the promised Demo version again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

omg the new UI is so much better! (no offense, I know you wanted the old one to look oldschool and stuff). Really good job and glad to have you back!

Dominique said...

Nice work Dirk! Looking forward to the demo and more XNA goodness.