Saturday, June 7, 2008

No more fog

Today I decided to rip the fog of war off the game. There were too many people complaining about it, so that it made no sense to me to let it in the game.

This decision will put away some of the "roguelike" idea behind the game, but I found that the very restricted view due to the screensize is enough constraint.

Instead of the fog I now added a bit of darken out to the edges of the screen, which gives a bit of an impression that there's a lightsource at the players position (like wearing a torch).

A very positive thing is that the fog of war slowed the game down a bit, which runs a bit smoother now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks sexy man. keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

When do you think the final version will be released?

DiNo Games said...

Its a bit hard to say. Engine is 70% ready. When all the engine work is done, enemy- and leveldesign will follow. I think a month or two will elapse before a final release is ready.

But I will release preview versions before that.

ZeroCool2021 said...

Looks Amazing!
Are you a profesional programmer?

I sent you a message on ZuneBoards.com
"If you want help with the visual aspect, I would more then love to help"
But I don't want to start if your already done.
"I have already started character sprites"
Cause I know you said the 3D model wouldn't work

Keep up the great work...
"Next pay-check I'm thinking of donating, Not sure how much I can spare though"

Anonymous said...

when are you able to leave out a preview version?